To protect the privacy and safety of our patients, the Northwestern Memorial HealthCare Media Relations Department requires the following guidelines be used when interviewing, videotaping and taking photographs, inquiring about hospital information or requesting patient condition updates.
- Media must arrange and coordinate all interviews and photo shoots with patients, staff and physicians in advance by contacting Media Relations prior to arriving at a Northwestern Medicine facility.
- Media Relations staff will meet media crews in the lobby (or designated location) to be escorted to interview locations.
- Any working journalist, photographer or film crew must be escorted by a member of the Media Relations staff at all times while at a Northwestern Medicine location, including all hospitals and outpatient facilities.
- Patient interviews or photos may not take place until Media Relations has secured a signed consent form.
- Media Relations staff may deny access to a patient if it is determined that media presence may interfere with clinical care or aggravate the patient’s condition.
- Patients and families are not authorized to arrange or host media interviews in Northwestern Medicine facilities; Media Relations must be engaged to coordinate and staff all media interviews per health system policies
Our team is dedicated to responding to media requests from local, regional, national and international outlets within their deadlines and are available to assist with stories 24/7.
- During business hours (Monday–Friday: 9 am–5 pm, CT), call our Media Hotline* at 312.926.7432
- Outside of our normal weekday business hours, call 312.926.2000 and request the on-call Media Relations representative
*Northwestern Medicine Media Relations is a resource for professional journalists and news outlets. We do not handle sponsorship, vendor, marketing or paid advertising requests. To reach Northwestern Medicine's Brand & Marketing department, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-926-2038. For patient issues and concerns, please contact Patient Services at 312-926-3112. All other non-media requests should be directed to the Northwestern Medicine operators at 312-926-2000.